Daily Program: Duration: 07 days / 06 nights. Touristic Attractions: Cusco city – Inka trail.
Day 1: Lima city – Welcome to Peru.
• When you will arrive to Lima at “Jorge Chavez International Airport”, our Trip Peru representative, will be welcome and transfer you to your hotel.. • On the route, our staff will give you all the required information about your program, current currency exchange rate and give you some advice about your permanence in Peru, and resolve all question you have in there. • Hotel accommodation. • Overnight in Lima.
Day 2: Lima – Cusco (capital of the Inca Empire).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • According with the transfer time, our staff will be take you to “Jorge Chavez International Airport” to take the plane to Cusco. We will do the check-in process: seat assignment, baggage check and boarding pass printed You will board the flight to Cusco city. It takes just 01 hour flight. • Arrival at “Velasco Astete Airport” in Cusco city ( 11151.57 feet / 3,399 meters above sea level) , our Trip Peru representative, will be transfer you to the hotel, according your reservation you did. • You will have enough time to rest, aclimatize, and explore the city partialy. Meals ( on yopur own) • Overnight Cusco.
Day 3: Cusco City (10826 feets / 3,300 meters). Km. 82 (9186 feets / 2,800 meters). Huayllabamba (9842 feets / 3,000 meters ).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • Early morming our Trip Peru Cusco representative will pick you up from your hotel and will be transfer you in a bus to a place its well know as Piscacucho located in km 82 ( 9186 feet / 2,800 meters above sea level) we will pass through the Sacred Valley of the incas, we will stop in Urubamba and Ollantaytambo to visit the local market and buy some groceries for the hike juorney • Inmediately we will go arrive at Piscacucho in km 82 where we will start the hike in the shore of Urubamba river. • On this first step of the Inca path, we will visit the Miskay community (9,186 feet / 2,800 meters), later we will ascend to a small plateau, where we will appreciate the Andean landscape and a Inca construction known as Patacalla, located at 9,022 feet / 2,750 meters, we will observe some cultivation terraces that helped to provide food to people from different places who took this journey to go to Machu Picchu. • Lunch at the camp. • We will continue walking through a full of vegetation area where we will probably see the giant hummingbird. Afer two – hour walk, we will arrive to our first camp located in Huayllabamba at 9,840 feet / 3,000 metersabove the sea level , in a small town surrounded by cornfields, potato crops and other products. • Overnight at our camp.
Day 4: Hayllabamba – Pacaymayu (11811 feets / 3,600 meters).
• Breakfast at the camp. • After one hour walk we will arrive to Ayapata valley, this place owns an Andean high valley microclimate. • We will continue on a narrow path full of vegetation, which will direct us to a cloud forest, then we will arrive to “Llulluchapampa” where we will make a stop to rest before going up to “Warmihuañusca” in a 11km ascent route (6,84 miles) it is the highest point of the hike. • “Warmihuañusca” Quechua name which means “where the woman dies”, with a height of (13,779 feet/ 4,200 meters above sea level, the vegetation will change throughout the climb and we will be able to see beautiful snowy and Andean landscapes. • We will descend through a winding valley where we will observe different types of birds. • Lunch time. • We will continue our walk until we reach the Pacaymayu river valley (11,811 feet / 3600 meters above sea level ). • Overnight at our camp.
• Breakfast at the camp. • This day will be one of the longest days, but also one of the most beautiful, due to the presence of Inca constructions along the path. • We will ascend a steep path, going through the second pass where the Runkuracay archeological remains is located (12,467 feet /3,800 meters ) which takes its name from its semicircular shape that allows it to be protected from the strong winds of the area. • We will ascend to “Yanacocha” lake (black lake) and we will continue until we reach “Sayaqmarca” ( 1,811feet /3,600 meters / ), “The dominant people”, we will appreciate Inca remains, and a panoramic view of the Acobamba valley, to access these buildings we must go up a steep stone staircase. • During the route we will pass through “Conchamarka”, this is a small recently discovered archeological place. • We will continue along the way uphill and arrival to the first tunnel, we will go up until reach the third and last pass, we will see the “Phuyupatamarca” town (12,024 feet / 3,665 meters ), “town above the clouds”, located on the edge of the ravine, without a doubt one of the most original cities along the Inca path. • Here we will find many cultivation terraces and ceremonial fountains. • We wll ascend 2,000 cobbled stairs until reach the Wiñaywayna citadel (8,858 feet /2,700 meters ) which means “Always young”, at a height of 8,675 feet / 2,490 meters , its name derives from the typical orchids that are found throughout the year, its colors can be red, yellow and violet. • “Wiñaywayna” is one of the most attractive palaces along the Inca path, and the last urban center before arriving to Machu Picchu, built on the slopes of the mountains and divided into four main parts: the house in the lower part with more than 20 buildings, the celebration area, ritual fountains area with its cultivation terraces and the tower area. • We will go to our last camp night, the walkers will have access to a better showers with hot water and bathrooms. Also there is a restaurant where you can buy some beverages. • Tonight we will say goodbye to the excursion staff, we will make a little party to thank for sharing this beautiful experience with the group.
• Breakfast at the camp. • We will continue our walk, after three hours we will arrive to Intipunku area or Sun gate ( 8,169 feet / 2,490 meters ) This is a viewpoint which used to be a control gate for people entering and leaving Machu Picchu. • This is a great opportunity to take panoramic pictures of The citadel of Machu Picchu, The lost city of the Incas. • For a long time, it had been thought that Machu Picchu was part of a legend until 1911 when the North American explorer Hiram Bingham discovered Machu Picchu, which have a height of 7,980 feet / 2,430 meters . In the middle of a tropical forest and with an extraordinary location. • Without a doubt it was one of the most wonderful urban creations at the time of the Inca boom. • Its huge walls, terraces and ramps seem to have been cut in a continuous way with the rocky cliffs. • After we will descent to visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, we will have an approximately two – hour guided tour, followed by free time for you to enjoy this world wonder. You can also visit Wayna Picchu (this is not included in our tour). • We will descent on a bus to Aguas Calientes town (7,087 feet / 2,160 meters), where you can visit the thermal baths of the town (the entrance ticket is not included in our tour). • We will board the train from the town of Aguas Calientes to the Ollantaytambo train station and then to the city of Cusco in a special reserved transport. All this movement will take about 03 hours. (approx). • Arrival to Cusco city ( 11151.57 feet / 3,399 meters above sea level), and transfer to the hotel, it will be accommodated according to your reservation that you made. • Dinner (on your own).
Day 7: Cusco – Lima (Return to your country).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • According to the time of your itinerary; we will transfer you to at Cusco Airport. We will do the check-in process: seat assignment, baggage check and boarding pass printed • Later you will have a flight to Lima. • When you will arrive to Lima, our TRIP PERU representative; will be assist you in the International airline counter to board your flight to your place of residence. End of our services
BOOK YOUR TRIP
We have the best hotel reservations in Cusco city and the Sacred Valley so thats the way your visit in Cusco and Machu Picchu will be unforgettable
WE ALSO RECOMMEND YOU
Agent accredited to Peruvian Tourism Organizations
About the Author
TRIP PERU. Travel Agency TOUR OPERATOR with the best travel offers within Peru.