Daily Program: Duration: 09 days / 08 nights. Touristic Attractions: Lima – Gold Museum – Paracas Bay –Nazca Pampas – Cusco – Sacred Valley- Machu Picchu – Cusco City Tour.
Day 01: Lima city – Welcome to Peru.
• When you will arrive to Lima at “Jorge Chavez International Airport”, our Trip Peru representative, will be welcome and transfer you to your hotel.. • On the route, our staff will give you all the required information about your program, current currency exchange rate and give you some advice about your permanence in Peru, and resolve all question you have in there. • Hotel accommodation. • Overnight in Lima.
Day 02: Lima – City tour – Gold Museum.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • We will transfer to Lima Historical Center. • During our tour of Lima, our tour guide will explain you along the route, different attractions and squares such as: The Cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Government Palace and the Municipality. • After this explanation and time for the photographs and videos, we continue with our visit through “Calle Pescaderia” or “Fishing Street” , where the oldest house in the city is located, and everyone knows it as “Listener house”. • We will also visit the Cordano Bar, Desamparados train station, Bodega and Cuadra House, and then along the street called “Rastro de San Francisco” -today Ancash street-, we will find a beautiful republican house called “The thirteen doors” . In front of this is the Plaza de San Francisco where the convent of the same name is located. We will visit Saint Francis Convent Museum; one of the most important of the seventeenth century. Inside that building we will appreciate the places where the friars lived and made Franciscan daily life such as: the library, the main choir, the cloister with a beautiful decoration of astonishing tiles and the most visited area: the catacombs, where the characters of ancient Lima were all buried from the seventeenth century to 1908 (very important advice: interior photos are not allowed) • Lunch (on your own). • In the afternoon, we will visit Gold and Weapons of the World Museum , which belonged as a private collection to Mr. Miguiel MUjica Gallo, today managed by the family group. • To understand and make a pleasant visit we will divide into two main collections, 1st Floor: WEAPONS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD: It has a valuable collection of ancient and modern weapons that you will consider one of the best of its kind worldwide with 20,000 pieces from different times and countries, unique in its kind, and others belonged to great characters in history such as the two swords that they belonged to the conqueror of Peru, Francisco Pizarro. • Other weapons owned by Miguel Grau, Francisco Bolognasi, Napoleon, the Russian Tsars Alexander I and Nicolas II, Simón Bolívar, Egyptian knives, samurai armor, saddles, European armor and military uniforms. Basement: PREINCAN CULTURES. Where golden pieces from various cultures are exhibited, some over 3000 years old, one of the most spectacular pieces is the gold tumi, the funeral masks of the Lambayeque culture. Incalculable goldsmith objects and jewelery are exhibited worked in gold, silver and precious stones, textiles and ceramics; as well as original mummies and offering heads, formerly known as “trophy heads”. • Time to visit shops and buy souvenirs from your visit. • Transfer to the hotel. • Overnight in Lima.
Day 03: Lima – Paracas – Nazca – Cahuachi.
• In the morning we will board tourist bus bound for Paracas Bay , south of Lima, (158 miles / 254 kilometers) with 03 hours journey approx. • Arrival at Paracas Bay and transfer to the pier “El Chaco” From this place you will board a modern embarcation heading to the BALLESTAS ISLANDS, where you can enjoy a wonderful aquatic experience and appreciate on the route, the enigmatic design of “El Candelabro” that relates it to the Nazca Lines. We will also see differents species of seabirds, sea lions, Humboldt penguins. -This visit lasts approximately 02 hours – Then we will move along the South Pan-American Highway through Ica desert to the Huacachina Lagoon, (46.54 miles / 74.9 kilometers) just one hour – and minutes more-, so that our guide explains the origin of this beautiful oasis in the desert, the landscape and also tell us the legend of the famous enchanted mermaid. • Lunch (on your own). • Transfer to the city of Nazca (91 miles / 147 Kilometers) 02 hours approx. • Transfer to the archaeological center of Cahuachi, (14.22 miles / 22.9 kilometers) 46 min from Nazca, the largest and most important ceremonial center of the Nazca civilization, it is the only known example of monumental architecture for the period in which it was in use: 200 BC to 450 AD; It has large pyramids, walled enclosures, temples and platforms. It has 24 square kilometers of extension. After this visit we will go to the Hotel in Nazca • Arrival at the hotel. • Overnight in Nazca.
Day 04: Flight over the Nazca Pampas – Lima.
• Breakfast at the hotel. (We suggest you will take a light breakfast to avoid problems on the plane). • Transfer to the Nazca Aerodrome, where we will board a plane that will take us to fly over the mysterious Nazca Lines where we will see fourteen figures such as the whale, the monkey, the dog, the condor, the spider, the hummingbird, the gannet, the parrot, the hands, the tree, and enigmatic trapezoidal paths in the area. The Astronaut is one of the most appreciated. The overflight lasts approximately 35 minutes. (Does not include TUA – Airport use tax USD 8.00). • Lunch (on your own) Then we will move to the “Chauchilla Cemetery”, a Nazca burial place and where you can see twelve open and ordered tombs of the Nazca culture. •Later, we will board our bus to Lima city, along the South Pan-American Highway, approximately 06 hours, traveling to Lima city to the hotel where you made your prior reservation. • Arrive and transfer to the hotel. • Overnight in Lima.
Day 05: Lima – Cusco (capital of the Inca Empire).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • According with the transfer time, our staff will be take you to “Jorge Chavez International Airport” to take the plane to Cusco. We will do the check-in process: seat assignment, baggage check and boarding pass printed You will board the flight to Cusco city. It takes just 01 hour flight • Arrival at “Velasco Astete Airport” in Cusco city, our Trip Peru representative, will be transfer you to the hotel, according your reservation you did. • Overnight in Cusco.
Day 06:Tour Sacred valley of the Incas.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • In the morning, we will transfer you through the sacred valley and along the Urubamba River, where you can appreciate beautiful landscapes until arriving at the town of Chinchero at (12,342.51 feet / 3,762meters above sea level ). There, you will enjoy a craft center where you will be received by the local people; and visit the main square and its colonial church. • We will continue with our trip. We will go to Ollantaytambo, one of the most important towns in the Sacred Valley of the Incas and this is the only place that preserves its Inca urban design. However, “Ollantay” has its own charms. • At the indicated time, we will go to the town of Urubamba. • Overnight in the Sacred Valley.
Day 07: Machu Picchu tour.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • We will transfer from the hotel located in the Sacred Valley to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the tourist class train to the town of Aguas Calientes. • The impressive trip lasts an hour and a half; and you will enjoy the indescribable scenery from the andes to the low jungle, and you will also enjoy the excellent service on the train. • Upon arrival at the train station in Aguas Calientes, we will board a bus up the mountain and arrive at the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. (7,972.44 feet / 2,430 meters above sea level).
MACHU PICCHU: At the site, we will visit the Inca palaces, towers, Intihuatana, the palace of three windows, the central plaza, platforms, the condor palace and cells, as well as the impressive view of the Huayna Picchu mountain. • At the indicated time, we will take a bus to go down again to the town of Aguas Calientes. • We will board the train from the town of Aguas Calientes to the Ollantaytambo train station and then to the city of Cusco in a special reserved transport. All this movement will take about 03 hours (approx). • Arrival to Cusco city ( 11,151.57 feet / 3,399 meters above sea level) and transfer to the hotel, it will be accommodated according to the reservation you made. • Overnight in Cusco.
Day 08: Cusco – Morning City Tour ( half day).
• Breakfast at the hotel. CITY TOUR: We will visit the monumental and historical part of the ancient city of Cusco. Along the city and El Sol Avenue is the main square, where we will be able to appreciate the religious complex of the Cathedral and the Temple of the Qoricancha . • Close to the city, is Sacsayhuaman archaeological park, with huge megalithic stone structures and nearby we can see places such as Q’enqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay, which are part of this huge archaeological complex. • Overnight in Cusco.
Day 09: Cusco. Lima. (Return to your country).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • According to the time of your itinerary; we will transfer you to at Cusco Airport. We will do the check-in process: seat assignment, baggage check and boarding pass printed • Later you will have a flight to Lima. • When you will arrive to Lima, our TRIP PERU representative; will be assist you in the International airline counter to board your flight to your place of residence. End of our services
The program includes:
• Airport transfers in / out – Lima and Cusco. • 02 hotel nights in Lima city. • City tour Lima: tour Gold Museum. • Tour to Lima´s Historic Center with the catacombs museum. • Transfer in / out – Paracas Bay – Nazca – Lima. • Water slider tour to Ballestas Islands and the Chandelier. • Overflight to Nazca pampas. • Tour to Cahuachi archaeological zone. • Air ticket Lima – Cusco – Lima. • 03 hotel nights in Cusco city . • Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas. • Entrance ticket to Chinchero. • Entrance ticket to the archaeological zone of Ollantaytambo. • Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley. • 01 hotel night in Urubamba town. (Sacred Valley). • Round trip train ticket – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes • Round trip to Machu Picchu. • Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu. • Transfer in / out -Ollantaytambo – Cusco. • City tour Cusco. • Entrance ticket to Cusco´s Cathedral and Qoricancha. • Visit the archeological remains of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay. • Official Tourt guide. • Airport Taxes. • Travel assistance insurance during your visit to Peru.
Does not include:
• Food. • Tips to Guides and Porters, extras. • What is not mentioned in this program.
BOOK YOUR TRIP
We have the best hotel reservations in Cusco city and the Sacred Valley so thats the way your visit in Cusco and Machu Picchu will be unforgettable
WE ALSO RECOMMEND YOU
Agent accredited to Peruvian Tourism Organizations
About the Author
TRIP PERU. Travel Agency TOUR OPERATOR with the best travel offers within Peru.