Daily Program: Duration: 11 days / 10 nights. Touristic Attractions: Arequipa – Colca Canyon – Condor Croos – Titikaka Lake -Taquile Island – Cusco City – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Lima City – WELCOME TO PERU.
• When you will arrive to Lima at “Jorge Chavez International Airport”, our Trip Peru representative, will be welcome and transfer you to your hotel.. • On the route, our staff will give you all the required information about your program, current currency exchange rate and give you some advice about your permanence in Peru, and resolve all question you have in there. • Hotel accommodation. • Overnight in Lima.
Day 2: Lima – Arequipa.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • According to the transfer time, our staff will take you to “Jorge Chávez International Airport” to take the plane to Arequipa. We will do the check-in process: seat assignment, baggage check and printed boarding pass You will board the flight to the city of Arequipa. • Upon arrival at the Arequipa airport, our representative will transfer you to your hotel. • On the route we will provide you with all the required information about your program, some advice about your meals, tours in Puno and other connections, and we will solve all the doubts you may have there. • Arequipa is well known as “The White City”, because all the houses were made with volcanic stone remains that he called “sillar”. It is located at 7660.76 feet / 2,335 meters above sea level. • We will visit the main square of the city, the Cathedral of Arequipa and we will visit the “Convent of Santa Catalina” which was built in 1579, and is considered a city within the city, because its facilities are as great as a city itself. • After that visit we will go to “Yanahuara” viewpoint, from where we will appreciate the “Misti” volcano. • Transfer to the hotel. • Overnight in Arequipa.
Day 3: Arequipa – Colca Canyon.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • Early morning, our official tour guide will transfer you to the Colca Canyon. On the route we will visit the Salinas National Reserve where we will appreciate groups of South American camelids such as vicuñas and alpacas. • We will make a stop at the “Andean view place Patapampa” where we will appreciate a beautiful view of the chain of volcanoes, as well as the impressive Misti volcano. • We will continue to the town of Chivay, capital of Caylloma Province, located at 11925 feet / 3,635 meters above sea level, on the western slope of the andes mountains, in the upper part of the Colca Canyon, where we will enjoy of a buffet lunch. • In the afternoon, we will visit the “La Calera” thermal baths of volcanic origin, of the Cotallumi volcano. The water emanates at more than 176 F / 80 ° C, however, to make them suitable for human use, they are tempered to 100 F /38 ° C; in their final pools, where we will have a moment of relaxation. • Back to the hotel. • Overnight in the city of Yanque.
Day 4: “Cruz del Condor” Viewpoint – Flight Of The Condors – Puno.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • We will start in the morning, visiting towns located in the Colca Valley. In the town of Yanque, we will enter the beautiful colonial church of the city, and then continue to Cruz del Condor, located at 12,467 feet / 3,800 meters above sea level, where we will see the beautiful Andean landscapes, the beautiful scenery of the Canyon del Colca and the impressive flight of the condors. • Buffet lunch in the town of Chivay. • The departure to the city of Puno will be after lunch from Chivay, in the Colca valley. We will board comfortable local buses to the city of Puno. After about 30 minutes of travel, we will arrive at the Patapampa Volcanoes viewpoint, located at 16240.16 feet /4950 meters above sea level, where we will observe the entire chain of snow-capped mountains. • After 40 to 45 minutes, we will pass through Pampa Cañahuas to have a coca tea or an infusion and use the local toilet services. • Almost an hour and forty minutes later, our last stop will be in Lagunillas for the observation of Andean birds and lagoons. • At the end, two hours and twenty later; almost at 19:30 hours, we will arrive in Puno city at the bus terminal. • Transfer to the city of Puno. • Our representative will transfer you to your hotel and will provide you with all the required information about your stay in Puno, known as “The city of the Altiplano”. • Overnight in Puno.
Day 5: Puno – Titikaka Lake (The highest navigable lake in the world).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • At a coordinated time, our official local tour guide will pick you up from your hotel to start our trip and board the lake transport, to navigate through Titikaka Lake, which is considered the highest navigable lake in the world. • During your visit on the lake, we will make a stop at one of the 32 floating islands of the Uros, all of them built with reeds. • We will navigate through the majestic Titikaka Lake and it will be possible to observe the other shore appreciating mountain ranges and volcanoes. • After this visit, we will arrive at Taquile Island located at 13,123.36 feet / 3,950 meters above sea level. This is a people of Quechua origin and they are distinguished by the roots of its customs, traditions and clothing. • The villagers have preserved their ethnic and cultural value, as well as the traditions of handicraft and textile work. • Local lunch in Taquile Island. • At the appropriate time – Return to Puno. • Overnight in Puno.
Day 6: Puno. Cusco. THE SUN ROUTE.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • At a coordinated time, we will go to the bus station to start the trip to Cusco city . It will take us between 05 to 06 hours of travel, depending on the weather and the visits that are made during the trip. • During the trip, our bilingual tour guide will explain the most important tourist places, which are: – Lithic Museum of Pucará is an archaeological museum located in Pucará, department of Puno. Inside, a set of monoliths and lithic sculptures from the Pucará culture are preserved. It also has a collection of ceramics from the same culture. – La Raya- at 14,2221 feet / 4,335 meters above sea level; this is the highest point of the trip and the border between Puno and Cusco. We will make a stop of only 10 minutes; you can take photos and buy local crafts. From this point, we will begin to descend from the Altiplano of Puno towards the Andean valleys of Cusco. – Sicuani: Rural town where we will enjoy a delicious Andean buffet lunch at “Feliphon restaurant” or similar. – Inca ruins of Raqchi, it is an Inca archaeological site located in the district of San Pedro in the province of Canchis -Cuzco-. It is also known as the temple of Viracocha due to one of its emblematic constructions. – Andahuaylillas Church (known as the “Sixtine Chapel of America”), for its beautiful paintings and gilding that exaggerately adorn the Church of San Pedro Apóstol. After this visit, we will continue our trip to the city of Cusco. • Arrival to the city of Cusco, where our TRIP PERU representative will wait for you at the hotel and will provide you with all the required information related to your stay in the city of Cusco. • Overnight in Cusco.
Day 7: Sacred valley of the Incas tour.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • In the morning, we will transfer you through the sacred valley and along the Urubamba River, where you can appreciate beautiful landscapes until arriving at the town of Chinchero at (12,342.51 feet / 3,762meters above sea level ). There, you will enjoy a craft center where you will be received by the local people; and visit the main square and its colonial church. • We will continue with our trip. We will go to Ollantaytambo, one of the most important towns in the Sacred Valley of the Incas and this is the only place that preserves its Inca urban design. However, “Ollantay” has its own charms. • At the indicated time, we will go to the town of Urubamba. • Overnight in the Sacred Valley.
Day 8: Machu Picchu tour.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • We will transfer from the hotel located in the Sacred Valley to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the tourist class train to the town of Aguas Calientes. • The impressive trip lasts an hour and a half; and you will enjoy the indescribable scenery from the andes to the low jungle, and you will also enjoy the excellent service on the train. • Upon arrival at the train station in Aguas Calientes, we will board a bus up the mountain and arrive at the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. (7,972.44 feet / 2,430 meters above sea level).
MACHU PICCHU: At the site, we will visit the Inca palaces, towers, Intihuatana, the palace of three windows, the central plaza, platforms, the condor palace and cells, as well as the impressive view of the Huayna Picchu mountain. • At the indicated time, we will take a bus to go down again to the town of Aguas Calientes. • We will board the train from the town of Aguas Calientes to the Ollantaytambo train station and then to the city of Cusco in a special reserved transport. All this movement will take about 03 hours. (approx). • Arrival to Cusco city ( 11,151.57 feet / 3,399 meters above sea level) and transfer to the hotel, it will be accommodated according to the reservation you made. • Overnight in Cusco.
Day 9: Imperial Cusco city tour.
• Breakfast at the hotel. CITY TOUR: We will visit the monumental and historical part of the ancient city of Cusco. Along the city and El Sol Avenue is the main square, where we will be able to appreciate the religious complex of the Cathedral and the Temple of the Qoricancha . • Close to the city, is Sacsayhuaman archaeological park, with huge megalithic stone structures and nearby we can see places such as Q’enqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay, which are part of this huge archaeological complex. • Overnight in Cusco
Day 10: Cusco – Day off.
• Breakfast at the hotel. • Day off in the imperial city of Cusco. • That day we suggest you to visit The Inca museum and other nearby places, like handycraft market in Cusco city. • Overnight Cusco.
Day 11: Cusco – Lima (Return to your country).
• Breakfast at the hotel. • According to the time of your itinerary; we will transfer you to at Cusco Airport. We will do the check-in process: seat assignment, baggage check and boarding pass printed • Later you will have a flight to Lima. • When you will arrive to Lima, our TRIP PERU representative; will be assist you in the International airline counter to board your flight to your place of residence. End of our services
The program includes:
• Airport transfers in / out – Lima, Arequipa and Cusco. • Air ticket Lima – Arequipa. • 01 hotel night in Lima city. • 01 hotel night in Arequipa city. • Arequipa city tour and ticket entrance to the Santa Catalina Convent. • Transfer from Arequipa to Chivay town in Colca Valley. • Tour to Yanque town. • 01 hotel night in the Yanque town. • Tour and entrance to the Colca Canyon. • Transfer from Chivay to Puno city (crossing connection). • 02 hotel nights in Puno city. • Transfer through Lake Titicaca. • Tour Uros Island. • Tour Taquile Island. • Lunch in Taquile. • Transfer bus along the “Sun route” from Puno to Cusco. • Tour to the Lithic Museum of Pucará, “La Raya”, Sicuani, Inca Ruins of Raqchi and Church of Andahuaylillas. • 04 hotel nights in Cusco city. • Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas. • Entrance ticket to Chinchero. • Entrance ticket to the archaeological zone of Ollantaytambo. • Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley. • 01 hotel night in Urubamba town. (Sacred Valley). • Round trip train ticket – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes • Round trip to Machu Picchu. • Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu. • Transfer in / out -Ollantaytambo – Cusco. • City tour Cusco. • Entrance ticket to Cusco´s Cathedral and Qoricancha. • Visit the archeological remains of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay. • Official Tour guide. • Airport Taxes . • Travel assistance insurance during your visit to Peru.
Does not include:
• Food. • Tips to Guides and Porters, extras. • What is not mentioned in this program.
Agent accredited to Peruvian Tourism Organizations
About the Author
TRIP PERU. Travel Agency TOUR OPERATOR with the best travel offers within Peru.